Autumn Home Decor
Autumn is well and truly upon us, and after the most glorious Summer, we are sad to wave goodbye to the sun but very excited for all things cosy!
Is anyone else looking forward to decorating for Halloween and making their homes cosier ready for those dark nights?
Our favourite thing to do in Autumn is to change up our home interior design to fit the season. You may want completely new furniture. If so, we have some stunning ranges of flat pack furniture with free delivery available online at Y1 Furniture!
However, if you’re just looking to accessorise, read on…
Here are our 10 top tips for the perfect Autumn home:
- Blankets and Throws – These are a necessity in my house. There is not a room in the house without at least one blanket. Okay. I lied, I don’t have any in the bathroom or kitchen. But, you understand the importance, right? Not only are they super cosy and warm for the cold evening to come, you can buy them in everything colour and pattern on earth and they look so gorgeous.
- Candles, candles, candles – Candles come in all scents, sizes and beautiful packaging these days. The most amazing scents for Autumn are obviously pumpkin spices, vanilla or berries. So sweet and comforting – The perfect aroma to your Autumn home.
- Fairy lights – I have fairy lights up in my home all year round to be honest, but I especially turn them on from Autumn time. Cosy up on the sofa, wrap up in your favourite blanket with your candle burning on the coffee table and have your new pretty fairy lights twinkling around you. Have I, or have I not just described the most perfect Fall evening?!
- Hot Chocolate – The world’s most perfect cold weather drink. No debate, this is a fact.
- Flowers – You may think flowers are summery and die away afterwards, but I would have to disagree. Some of the prettiest coloured bouquets are found in Autumn. The autumnal orange shades look so lovely in the home.
- Wooden Coffee Table – Every Autumn lounge needs a stunning wooden or wood effect coffee table in the centre of the room. Where else would you put your candles and hot chocolate? Wood patterns pair so well with all autumnal colours. We have a great range here at Y1 Furniture, all delivered flat packed with easy home self-assembly instructions.
- All the cushions – Just like blankets, you can never have enough cushions. Whether they’re on the sofa, the chair or the bed, they look so cute and are extremely cosy. So many places are now selling lovely cushions with super pretty designs on too.
- Wicker Baskets – When you’re not cuddled under those blankets and throws, you’re going to need somewhere to keep them. Roll them up on pop them into a cute wicker basket. This brings your whole living room décor together so nicely. These baskets tend not to be too expensive either but they always look it!
- Autumn Wreath – Who said wreaths on the door were just for Christmas? Not me! There are some beautiful autumnal wreaths on the market currently. Some real, some fake. Either way, they look absolutely lovely hung on your front door.
- PUMPKINS – Finally, of course it’s pumpkins! It’s Autumn, the season of cosy nights and Halloween. Obviously, you can do the traditional spooky face pumpkin. But, we love getting creative and creating more modern, stylish pumpkins. Get the paint, glue and glitter out and go to town on those pumpkins. You can decorate them to match your interior. Who says they have to stay orange right?!
We hope you’ve loved our Top 10 Tips for Autumn, and it would be great to hear and see if you’ve taken any on board. Tag us in your photos on Instagram and hashtag #Y1Furniture.