Cookie & Policy for Y1 Furniture
A cookie is a small text file which is stored in your browser directory. Cookies are used on this website to enhance the user experience and enable certain functionality. You can manage or remove cookies at any time by configuring your browser's cookie settings. Please note that disabling cookies completely may stop our website from functioning properly.
You don’t have to re-enter information when you return to our site.
To monitor our website traffic and analyse how our website works.
To deliver more relevant content by showing you products you might be interested in.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. The majority of browsers will allow you to alter the settings used for cookies. The help menu on your browser will have further details. Please remember that turning cookies off will restrict your access to some parts of our website.
If you have your browser set to disable all cookies, then you may not be able to access certain parts of our website. If your browser is set to prompt you when cookies are being used, you will have to answer ‘yes’ when prompted to gain full access.
We may also collect information about your computer, including your domain name, IP address, operating system, browser version, how long you stay on a page, the route you took to navigate through the pages and the website you visited prior to accessing our site.
An overview of the cookies we use can be found below:
_ga, _gat. These are third party cookies that are not essential for our website to function correctly and exist so that we may analyse how people are using our website. The cookie collects information in an anonymous form and no personal data can be identified.
The Google Analytics features we have implemented are based on Display Advertising (e.g., Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
Using the Google Ads Settings, users can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
Third-party vendors, including Google, may show your ads on sites across the Internet.
We and other third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to your website.
We and other third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to your site.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will not share any of your personal information with third parties.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and have taken steps to explain this online. This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us will be processed by us. We strictly adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
We will validate your name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third-party databases, to ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent. We do this only to confirm your identity; a credit check is not performed, and your credit rating will be unaffected. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information for payment clearance, credit reference, order fulfilment, delivery, data analysis or customer support. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. We may need to disclose your personal data where we are under a legal obligation to comply, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements. We may also need to disclose it to protect our rights, property or safety of our customers or others which includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Here at Y1 Furniture Ltd we do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties.
Collecting and Using Your Information
Please note that we are able to collect and retain any data that you provide to us on this website, even if you do not complete your transaction. Such contact details and data may be used to contact you directly for marketing or feedback purposes. If you do not wish to have your personal information used in this manner or for any other specific purpose you can email us accordingly.
Y1 Furniture Ltd may wish to provide you with information about services, products or feature of our website which we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send e-mail entitled "UNSUBSCRIBE" to email@example.com.
To help us develop the website and our service, we may also aggregate information and statistics in order to monitor website usage and may provide this information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you as an individual but to help Y1 Furniture Ltd identify how y1furniture.com is used.
Disclosure of Your Information
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with third parties.
- We may disclose your personal information to:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- our trusted service providers acting on our behalf who provide services such as: web hosting, web analytics and integration, customer service web chat and ticketing, order fulfilment, data analysis including data personalisation, infrastructure provision, email marketing data, review sites of our services, auditing services and other services to enable them to provide services;
- our courier company who delivers your orders;
- selected third parties if you are a new customer and you have consented to this;
- third party suppliers who manage our secure payment platform and credit card processing.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Y1 Furniture Ltd substantially sell all of its assets or are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Protecting Your Information
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure and employ a number of security measures such as:
- We ensure our website and data is supported with TLS1.2 technology using RSA 2048 bit security standard;
- Monitoring and auditing our service providers to ensure they have an adequate level of protection as required under the PCI DSS;
- All credit and debit card payment transactions are initiated on our website via our online shopping basket;
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. For registered users, where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use reasonable, organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
The personal data that you provide to us in order to purchase goods and other personal data generated for transactional agreements is processed as it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
All other personal data is processed for our legitimate interests (as set out below) and to comply with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent:
- to send direct marketing communications to customers via email.
- to contact (and allow for selected third parties to contact) new customers by electronic means.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests including: -
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting us and our employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to us;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against us; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Links from this Site to Other Sites
If you follow links from our website to the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates please note they have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Updating Your Details
To make sure your information is up to date you should contact us with any changes, e.g. your e-mail address, home address, name, contact number or payment details. Please send the correct details entitled "UPDATE DETAILS" to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below.
Under the Data Protection Act you are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your information, please write to the address below with details. Please note that there may be a charge of £10 for this service, as permitted under the Act.
Contacting Y1 Furniture
Y1 Furniture Ltd,
108 Abbey Road South,
Wrexham Industrial Estate,