Terms & Conditions | Y1 Furniture
Terms of Purchase
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, being goods. This page tells you information about us and the legal terms and conditions on which we sell any of the products listed on our website to you. Please read through these terms and conditions before placing your order. They do not affect your statutory rights.
Placing an order with Y1 Furniture Ltd constitutes your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. Y1 Furniture Ltd reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time without notice to you to remain compliant with relevant laws and regulations. Your contract with us will be governed by the terms and conditions in place when your order is accepted.
You will be requested to read and accept these terms and conditions every time you place an order. For this reason, we encourage you to review them whenever you use this website to ensure that you are familiar with the latest terms and conditions. Before placing an order with us, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact us.
If any part of these conditions is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the validity, legality, or enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected. This contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. We endeavour to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products on our website, however, as different computers and mobile devices display colour tones differently we cannot guarantee the complete accuracy of the pictures or photographs that are shown.
- Y1 Furniture Ltd have a commitment to continuous product development and improvement. We reserve the right to alter the specification of any item, at any time. These alterations include and are not exclusive to adjustments in sizes, style, finish or detailing on individual items or collections.
- Any products identified as 'End of Line' or 'Clearance' in the product description are discontinued items of which we will not get any more stock. This means that we will be unable to source parts or exchange this product for a new equivalent in the event of a problem. This is reflected in the price of the products. All products are new and sold as new. This status and discount does not affect your statutory right to a refund in event of dissatisfaction. Please refer to our refunds policy which applies to all products sold.
- If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered, following order but before despatch, please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing for delivery or anything else which would be necessary because of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
- All specifics, pictures, and other products information such as assembled sized and weights may be subject to change at any time. However, our intention is to keep all information on our website and literature as accurate and as up to date as possible.
- All products are delivered flat pack with full instructions on assembly.
Information About Us
The Goods and Services are provided (and/or promoted) by Y1 Furniture Ltd.
We are registered in England and Wales. Our registered office and main trading address is: 108 Abbey Road South, Wrexham Industrial Estate, Wrexham, LL13 9RF.
Our company number is 11429524 and our VAT registration is GB308788857.
- All prices and charges on our website are quoted in Pounds Sterling. All product prices include VAT but exclude any delivery costs. These are calculated as part of the checkout process, based on the delivery location and the size or weight of your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the products advised to you is correct. If we discover an error in the price of products you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you an option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling the order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any products provided to you.
- The prices may be altered at any time without notification to consider any increase in our costs (including but not limited to the cost of materials, labour, transport or other overheads, any tax, duty, or variation in exchange rates).
- Special Offers and promotions advertised in the press or other media may be excluded unless specifically advertised as available online.
- All offers are subject to availability and while stocks last.
- If an administrative error has resulted in an incorrect price being displayed, we reserve the right to correct that price and notify you accordingly. In these circumstances, it will be deemed that a contract has not been entered into and you will not be bound to continue with your purchase. You will be asked to email us to confirm that you wish to proceed at the correct price, however, should you choose not to do so, your monies will be refunded to your credit/debit card in full. The repayment of such monies paid to us will be the extent of our liability to you in the event of pricing errors.
- Unless otherwise specified, the delivery costs (if any) will be quoted at the time you place your order for Goods. The entire cost of any other mode of transport or any special deliveries other than the standard delivery service we offer, will be borne by you, as will delivery to locations outside of the United Kingdom.
Promotions and Incentives
- On occasions, we will offer promotional codes and discounts (including without limitation discounts, offers, promotions, prize draws, vouchers, competitions etc) via different channels to new and/or existing customers.
- By using any Promotional Code, you are agreeing to the following;
- A Promotional Code cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount, or promotion. Only one Promotional Code can be used per transaction/household.
- A Promotional Code is redeemed by entering such code at the appropriate point in the online order process for a qualifying purchase or in the case of discounts, vouchers and/or free items, as expressly advertised.
- A Promotional Code is not exchangeable for cash and is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotions. The Promotional Code cannot be used for the purchase of gift vouchers and/or gift cards.
- The Promotional Codes are not available to employees of Y1 Furniture or any other associated companies.
- We accept no responsibility for Promotional Codes that are illegible, lost, delayed or damaged during any such promotion, on any media or channel delivered via or electronically on the website. Promotional Codes not submitted in accordance with these Terms, or incomplete, illegible, expired or otherwise defective shall be rejected and/or disqualified and our decision is final.
- By entering any such Promotional Code, all participants agree to participate in any publicity arising from any awards, free offers etc and we reserve the right to feature the name, photograph and location of the participant in any future marketing materials, website publications, promotions or competitions and you consent to the same.
- By entering any such Promotional Code, your personal data will be held by Y1 Furniture Ltd for the purpose of administering any Promotional Code and contacting you in relation to the same.
Period of Use
- A Promotional Code is only valid during the period identified and on the dates and for the products specified in the media it was delivered in.
- We reserve the right to (a) cancel or withdraw any Promotional Code, (b) refuse to allow any customer to participate in the Promotional Code, (c) decline to accept orders where, in its opinion the Promotional Code is invalid for the order being placed (iv) exclude any single or group of products from any general promotion.
- We accept payment via PayPal and most major credit/debit cards: Mastercard, VISA, Switch/Maestro, Visa Debit registered at UK address’.
- Payment of goods will be made in full to us without deductions or set-off in cash/guaranteed cheque/credit or debit card when an order is placed.
- All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery of your order.
- In the interests of preventing fraudulent use of credit, debit and charge cards, Y1 Furniture Ltd will validate the names, addresses and other information supplied during the order process against commercially available records (e.g., Electoral Roll data, Credit Reference Services). A third party may also be instructed to complete these checks. By ordering through the Y1 Furniture website, you consent to such checks being made. We may, on occasion, need to contact you by letter, telephone, or email to verify details before we are able to process and dispatch your order or we may be unable to accept your order. Any information given may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of the information. All information provided will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. These measures are taken as extra protection for you and ensure all transactions are handled as securely as possible.
- Most card issuers cover all the charges that may result from unauthorised use of your credit card or debit cards, but some may limit your liability to £50. If you believe your credit or debit card has been subject to unauthorised use you should contact your card issuer without delay. Although we will make every effort to validate your card, Y1 Furniture accepts no liability for the fraudulent use of your card.
- In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
- Pay in 3
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna’s privacy statement.
- We offer free delivery on all orders to Mainland U.K unless stated otherwise. We will pick the best delivery service for you based on the size and contents of your order.
- Only once payment has cleared will your goods be reserved for dispatch. We cannot guarantee a specific delivery time as it all depends on the driver route on the delivery day.
- We aim to despatch your order within 1 working day from receipt. Delivery is typically within 1-2 working days. For heavy and fragile goods, please allow up to 3 working days for dispatch and 5-7 working days for delivery. All our deliveries are sent via tracked methods, which will be updated on your order at the point of dispatch.
- For large orders we may contact you to discuss the option of a pallet delivery.
- Upon delivery, please check your order carefully for signs of damage to the exterior of the packaging. If your order is damaged, please sign for as damaged and if possible, take a picture.
- Contact us to report damage within 24 hours of receiving your goods so we can help you and fix the problem as soon as possible.
- Please note the delivery is to the ground floor only, it is the driver’s discretion on the day of delivery whether he will be happy to assist with bringing deliveries to any other floor.
- If restrictions or multiple floor levels exist at the delivery property to be able to gain access to your front door please contact us on 01978 660881 prior to placing your order to discuss.
- If for any reason you miss the delivery of your order, the courier will usually try again on the next working day. After three failed delivery attempts the items will be automatically returned to us and a charge of 20% of the order value will apply, which will be deducted from the refund.
- Refused deliveries because of late cancellations, change of minds are subject to a 20% charge of the order value.
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which is deemed inappropriate. If we refund you the price paid before we can inspect the Goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible provided the goods are returned as new in their original packaging, these items shall be refunded, exchanged, or replaced if they are returned within 30 days of date of purchase of the Goods and proof of purchase is supplied.
- In the case of a returned promotional order, any free items must be returned as new, at the same time in its original packaging and the product documentation, with proof of the Promotional Code used and at your own cost and risk. The Goods must not have been used. Failure to return the item as new, or in part, whole or at all, then we reserve the right to deduct the full price of the free part from your refund.
- When returning items that were purchased online as part of a promotional offer all the items involved must be returned. All refunds for promotional items will be refunded at the offer price paid at the time of order.
- “Special Order" means any goods that are not held in stock by us (a non-stock item) and are therefore ordered and/or manufactured specifically as per your request. Payment in full is required for such Special Orders at the time the Special Order is placed with us. Special Orders that are manufactured specifically as per your request are non-refundable except at our sole discretion. In such instance, we reserve the right to apply a restocking fee of 25% of the price of the Special Order, which shall be deducted from any refund due to you.
- We will only refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
- We will not refund any costs associated with you the customer engaging with external contractors for assembly or disassembly of any product.
Y1 Furniture Ltd has no obligation to pay damages if we fail to deliver, should delivery be made difficult or impossible due to unforeseen events that occur after an order is accepted. Examples of force majeure are: act of God, natural disasters, mobilization, war, lock-outs, riots, work-related conflicts, energy crisis, damage to machinery, fire, epidemics, pandemics, denial of import or export etc. as well as situations where transportation is made difficult or impossible.
- The Company will make good by repair or correction or at the Company’s option by replacement or renewal, defects which under proper storage and use, appear in products within twelve (or as agreed by the Company in writing) months after such product has been delivered or Work completed and are shown to the Company’s reasonable satisfaction to arise solely from faulty material or workmanship provided always in the case of defective product that any such product is promptly returned by the Customer at his own expense to the Company’s Works. In the case of product not of the Company’s manufacture, the Customer’s rights shall be limited to the benefit of any guarantee given to the Company by that manufacturer.
- The foregoing undertaking shall be in lieu of any warranties and conditions whether express or implied by statute common law or otherwise howsoever, which warranties and conditions are hereby expressly excluded.
- Save as aforesaid (and save in respect of death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Company its servants or agents) the Company shall not be liable for any claim or claims direct or indirect, consequential or incidental injury loss or damage made by Customer against the Company whether in contract or in tort (including negligence on the part of the Company its servants or agents) arising out of or in connection with any defects in product supplied or Work done or any act, omission, neglect or default (whether or not the same constitutes a fundamental breach of the Contract or breach of a fundamental term thereof) of the Company its servants or agents in the performance of the Contract.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing nothing herein contained shall operate to exclude any warranty or condition implied by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 in the event of the Customer dealing as a “consumer" as defined by Section 12 of the said Act.
- The Company shall not be responsible for any inaccuracies in any drawings, bills of quantities, specifications or other information supplied by the Customer and unless the design of product and/or Work has been wholly prepared by the Company, or unless responsibility for such design has been expressly accepted by the Company in writing, the Company shall not be liable for any loss damage claim cost or expense suffered or incurred by the Customer as a result thereof.
If either of us fails to comply with these terms and conditions, neither party shall be responsible for any losses that the other party suffers as a result, (including loss of revenues, data, profits, management time, etc.), loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation, except for those losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the failure to comply with these terms and conditions at the time we entered into the contract with each other.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits in any way our liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees.
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Any breach of the obligations implied by The Consumer Rights Act 2015 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
- Defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- Any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
Waiver, Severance, Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severed from the terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- The laws of England shall govern the contract between us. In the event of a dispute between us, it will be resolved in the courts of England and governed by the laws of England. If you choose to access our website outside of England you agreed that these laws would apply at all times.
These terms were last changed on 25th January 2021. Errors and Omissions Excepted.